Applications acceptance is now open for 2023.
On Sunday, September 17, 2023 —historic downtown Aurora will transform into the area’s liveliest arts scene—and here’s your chance to be part of it. Art Walk Aurora’s 10th Annual juried art show will feature the work of more than 20 visual artists and hands-on art for youth and adults. The highly anticipated event is unique among the city’s festivals, with artists exhibiting in and around participating businesses. Free to the public.
The event has been moved to Sunday to avoid conflict with Husker football.
Click here to download the artist information and application.
ELIGIBILITY AND STANDARDS
- All artists 18 years of age or younger must have a parent or guardian in their booth.
- All works must be original and created by the artist.
- Commercially manufactured items or items produced from commercial kits or molds may not be exhibited.
- All artists must go through a jury process to be accepted in the Art Walk. Only fine art and fine craft submissions will be considered. We not only consider your work, but the jury makes an effort to have a good selection of various artists media that will appeal to a variety of art patrons.
- A jury selects the participating artists and can approve, or refuse submitted works.
- Artists must be present and show their work throughout the entire event from 10 am – 4 pm.
- Locations are assigned by the Art Walk Aurora executive committee.
DEADLINE Friday, May 5, 2023
Artists whose applications are postmarked after Friday, May 5, 2023 will be considered only if space is available, and will be subject to a $50 space fee. All event fees will be returned to applicants not selected. The artist space fee is refundable for any cancellation received in writing by July 30.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the application using Adobe Acrobat.
- Enclose a check for the $40 artist space fee.
Required with application.
- Email an artist statement/biography of 200 words or less.
Describe your technique, materials, and the processes used to create your artwork. This information will be published on the Art Walk Aurora Facebook page and web site. The images may be edited before publication.
- Email application, images and artist statement to ArtWalkAurora@gmail.com.
- Mailed application packets must include application, check for artist space fee, artist statement application packets must be postmarked no later than Friday, May 5, 2023, and mailed to:
ART WALK AURORA
ATTN: ARTIST APPLICATION
P.O. BOX 34, AURORA, NE 68818
Click here to download the artist application.
Artists will be notified of acceptance by email no later than Friday, June 23, 2023.